Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day Fifty-Three: The One in Which I Check In

What can I say? This has been a horrible, horrible winter.  I preserved as much as I could; getting to the gym in the evenings, walking through frigid, icy streets to get there; working as much as I could on home projects; meditating when I remembered.  It was all too difficult to keep up with once the bad snows and my class started. 

I decided that I would rededicate this 100 day challenge to Wellness. It's the one goal in which I've persevered the most.    When I wasn't trying to get to the gym, I was eating according to plan.  When I wasn't logging my food intake, I was getting to numerous doctor's appointments of my own.  I've tended to long neglected health issues, like my teeth.  I've even planned a periodontal visit and intend to follow up with a treatment plan. 

I had to postpone my mammogram because it was the wrong time in which to do it, but I plan to follow that up too.  I plan to do my colonoscopy when it's warmer out.  I've planned my facial surgery for April 10th (recovery during Alex's Spring Break).    Furthermore, I have to research the BRCA gene test further.

I got bad news from my dentist today, but I'll persevere.

I also made a plan to get involved in activities at school.  I set up a Wiggio group for my International Econ class.  I got an application for Alex to attend the CLC in the summer. I also got Alex into Garden Crafters again for the Spring.

On the exercise front, I've gotten to the point where I can run for 5 minutes at a time. This brings my total interval jog length to 2 miles each time out on the treadmill. I also kept up with strength training.  I finally brought it in and continued to do it.  I saw results in as little as two weeks, which is a great incentive to keep at it. Additionally, even the weights are getting heavier in just two weeks.  This is all good stuff.

Plus, my OB/GYN gave me the go ahead to continue on DHEA.

So, Wellness has become the single focus for these next 47 days.  Wellness.

Math, you will follow when I'm done with doctor's appointments.  Sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment