Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day Twenty-Nine: The One in Which I Come Back From the Brink

"Learn how to fail small!!!" I've read that all over the place when it comes to losing weight.  I guess it can apply to any goal. 

So where have I been? The BRINK, my friends. The brink.  I was thisclose to restarting it all.  Then I realized that such would be a waste of a month.  OK, so it snows in winter.  I knew this.  And colds are to be expected in winter. I knew this too.  NO, I have not done my five activities religiously every day.  With Alex having school cancelled and my having a hard time getting around (because of all the snow), it's been a hairy few weeks.

Yeah, well, I'm back.  I'm back from that brink of surrender and failing small.  Right here, right now.

My class started.  I had a few days of tight money . Alex needed new boots.  I've been down in the dumps without exercise - and sunlight.  I've been tired as hell. 

So WHAT?   Now is the time to get back on track. 

And you know what? I lost weight this week too.  How much better news can there be? Well, OK, there can be a LOT better news around, but, right now, it will do.

I just completed a lot of creative work.  I'll be checking in to my Calculus course later today.  I've done my housework.  I'm about to sort a drawer or two of junk.  This winter is about challenges - and cocooning. 

I'm just strengthening my wings, s'all.

PS. Trina had the most inspiring news yesterday.  I'm psyched for her and totally pumped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment