Tuesday, April 22, 2014

100 Days From Today - Second Challenge of 2014

My first challenge was a relative success.  I felt so great about it that I'm psyched to do a second challenge this year.  Tomorrow, April 23, 2014 begins my second 100 Day Challenge.

This time around, I know better than to expect to predict a clear day every day for the next 100 days.  I'm no Lekeisha Shurn - just starting out in life and learning all about how to love oneself in the process of building your wings.  I have a husband and a 7 year old son who count on me for stuff.  So, with that in mind, I have set goals to achieve by July 31, 2014 - the 100th day following tomorrow.

Along with Lekeisha,  I found another inspiration on the internet.  This bundle of inspiration is named Ernestine Shepherd.  She's currently 75 years old and is currently the oldest known female bodybuilder currently in the competition circuit.

This is her story:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIxmj_HHfWA

"Ernie", as she prefers to be called, did not even start exercising until she was 53-years-old. She didn't start competitive bodybuilding until she was 56-years-old.  Yet, at 75, she has the body of a woman 40 years younger.  I want to be Ernie when I grow up.  With that in mind, as soon as my doc gives me the clearance to restart exercise, I will be doing the Body For Life 12 Week Challenge with ever increasing weight training goals.  I have until May 6 to begin this challenge and still complete the 12 weeks by July 31.  Here's hoping I can get clearance to recommence exercise by then.

I have plans for school too:  I will be getting involved with the campus radio station, I will also be starting the Economics Club up again. I'll be meeting with Professor Deb to discuss my options for grad school as well as meeting with Professor Baker to work on my undergrad requirements.  (CUNY Bacc).  I'll be applying to the CUNY Bacc program and will be studying for the GREs.  I intend to take the GREs sometime this year.

I have creative writing plans as well. I will continue working on my story, researching what I need to know about getting published.  I will also be working on articles.  It is my intent to complete 6 articles in this 100 Day Challenge.

I'll be continuing on the wellness program I began in the last challenge; I still have several appointments to get through. Mammo (April 29), Colono (TBA), dental (TBA) and orthodontic.

That's it! Everything I hope to complete by the next 100 days.  I did a lot in the past 100 days. I can do this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment