Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day Five - The One in Which Alex Stays Home Sick

Another day, another twist.  Welcome to my silly life, I guess.

The whole point of this challenge was to increase my productivity and time management, plus learn some things about myself along the way.  I guess the time management lessons have to come in first if anything is to be accomplished.

Alex woke with a cough and a slight-ish fever.  It swung between 99.2 and 98.8.  We decided to keep him home.  Of course, this would mean that I can't go to the gym again today, because we have Dr. DioGuardi's session this evening.  I MAY feel up to it in the evening hours if I get enough done today.

I didn't yet meditate. I may do that right after blogging this.  I did do some clutter clearance. Still in the bedroom. 45 minutes worth.  It's moving along and that's a good thing. 

I will also probably do some creative work before long.  Maybe right after I meditate.

But I wasted hours today; Hours spent daydreaming and looking up silly stuff.  All because of a kink in the plans.  I can't do this anymore. I MUST learn how to get past obstacles and changes in plans more productively than I typically do.    I'm out of time, if you know what I mean.

I did start a laundry and have plans to fold the two loads sitting in the living room.  I also have plans to collect some of the Christmas stuff. 

For now, this is the To Do list as of 12:20 PM.

- Meditate
- Fold laundry and switch load downstairs
- Creative work - still the photo wall, selecting photos
- Get more boxes from basement and load up stray stuff

Hopefully, this will come to good enough progress so that I'll believe that I deserve to go to the gym today.  Incidentally, I was also wary of going because I was planning to start my weight training today.  Maybe I'll just wait for the yoga class on Saturday.  I'll run again today.   That will get me to the gym. 

Update 7:00: I'm on the phone with Dan right now. He's in the cab.   I did my creative work, my meditation, my clutter clearance (only 45 minutes of it) and my math study (at DioGuardi's office).  I'm waiting for Dan to get home so I can go to the gym.

If I do this, I'll be able to cross off all five activities from my list today.  An Alex sick day conquered!!

Update 8:30  Done! 15 minutes of stair master. 10 minutes of weight work. Yay!

I rate this day a solid 7!



No comments:

Post a Comment