Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day Two: The One In Which I Inch Towards Progress

Last night at the gym was a little brutal.  The mirrors were everywhere and I was able to see that I'm nowhere near as thin as I was thinking I was.  I was definitely the biggest woman on the treadmills.  It was a little mind punch, but I know that I won't get thin again if I don't keep at it.    It was surprisingly easy to jog the stretches I needed to jog.  I was using an app that helps to train for a 5K.  The app is from Zen Labs and it's a C25K app for iPhones.

Zen Labs: Couch to 5 K

I decided that I'd just use some mind tricks to stop it from putting me off my game.  I'll be going back to the gym today and merely using another treadmill; one that isn't so close to any mirrors. LOL.

But enough of this navel gazing.  I'm running behind because I spent so much time updating on my progress from yesterday.  I can't be spending hours each morning bothering with updates.  I won't have much to update if I keep that up.

So, for today, Day 2, I'll be posting only my plan and, in yellow letters, how I did.

It's currently noon.  I can't step out yet because I'm expecting my grocery delivery. I'll have to do my other activities first. I've already made Alex's bed and washed the dishes.  I have to make my bed (now that Dan is up) and start on my drawer clearing.


1) Meditation - AM Done, PM at close of day  - DONE! Even journaled about it in the app. A post about enthusiasm.  So, I studied some trigonometry with enthusiasm.
2) Clutter Clearance - drawers in bedroom, some drawers in bathroom, maybe junk drawer in kitchen - Conquered the chest of drawers in my bedroom. 
The shelf side of my dresser. There are three drawers as well.


3) Creative Work - select photos and art for photo wall, already took a photo for the map. DONE! Went at this for more than half an hour.  Started a plan to renew the photo wall.

4) Math work - Trigonometry with That Tutor Guy and Trigonometry for Dummies
   DONE! SohCahToa covered plus broke out the old Precalc book.

5) Gym - After putting groceries away - DONE! Half an hour of interval jogging and a 90 second plank. Woot!

I'd rate this day an 8.  I'm getting better at organizing my time.

And you know what? I feel a lot better about my days too.










No comments:

Post a Comment