Friday, January 17, 2014

Day Seven - The One in which I Try to Manage Time Better

So far, I've been impressed with my discipline, but not with my time management. I find that I waste far too many hours during the day with my mind wandering.  But I'm now enjoying being this busy and productive.  This week has seemed longer than most because I was so busy through every day. 

I have several calls to make today; the dentist, my hairdresser, my insurance company, the eye doctor (for Alex).  I have a few errands to take care of like packing up Alex's shoes for shipping and packing Christine's photo for same.

Then I have to move to a different area of the house for clutter clearance.  I believe I'll shift my focus to the kitchen now.  (The foyer has to wait until the new entryway bench arrives.)  Or, perhaps, I'll start with the Christmas decorations, since I have a lot of the basement done.    There's a lot of clutter clearance that has to happen with the Xmas decorations.

I may get to the gym earlier today.  Alex has art class this afternoon and that will stymie my dinner plans.  I may or may not feel OK about going this evening.  Although, it has been relaxing. 

Mostly, I have to study math today.  I haven't been dedicating as much time as I could to it.  I have to do a double shift on that today.  Then there's also more to do in the Photo Wall project.

Here's the possible agenda:
1) Meditation - AM, I tried it while I was still in bed and it worked a little, but it wasn't enough.  I need more.  Plus have to do PM awareness work today too. (Didn't yesterday, but did deep breathing at gym)
2) Clutter Clearance - Kitchen or Xmas decorations
3) Math Study - LOTS of it today
4) Creative Work - More photo selection
5) Gym - Early? Late? Not yet sure.

Update 10:25  - Finished my workout playlist.  Now about to make calls. (Called dentist and got VM. Made hair appointment.)

Update 11:43 - Meh. Laundry started and switched. Dishes done. Lunch had. Hard to get started on clutter clearance.  Out to gym soon. That might get me in focus.

Update 1:15 - Just back from the gym.  Made a protein shake and will be having that as my lunch. Will soon be showering and dressing.  Need to try on the new boots.  Will also be transferring money out of the ING account.  Not the month for aggressive savings, I'm afraid.

Update 1:40 - Still on the protein shake.  UPS came by to pick up the shoes (Alex's) and I wasn't ready for them.  Had to quickly unpack and repack them with the return slip. 

Update 2:45 - Showered, dressed, make up on, hair quasi dry, boots on (and they fit!), but it's time to go get Alex.  I haven't done ANY math study or clutter clearance or creative work today.  I can't be 2 for 5 in a day!! We'll see what's up when I get back from art class.

Maybe I'll pull Dan in on the deal of clutter clearance tonight when Alex is asleep.  I need help with the Xmas decorations anyway.

Update 5:25  After art class, making dinner.  Alex is working on his incomplete school work right now.   I'm going to do a little Creative Work right now.

Update 7:15 Didn't get the chance until I forced myself to do 15 minutes of Creative Work. (Went for likely 25)  Dan is home now. I'm going to do math study right now. I'll do that until Alex goes to bed.

Update: No math study got done.  Sigh.

I rate this day a 6.






No comments:

Post a Comment