Friday, January 17, 2014

Day Six: The One in Which Things Go Back to Normal

Alex went back to school today.  I also noted that I have to get a hold of my spending. Granted, I bought a lot of clothing and boots this past month.  That was for good reason; my size changed.  But, by now, it's been the same since September.  I know I made a mental promise to myself that I would work at it for a year and be content with the same weight for six months.  That would be a lot easier if I'd actually met my goal weight for 2013. 

For now, my weight HAS changed a little these past two weeks.  I'm going to try some protein powder and green tea extract next.  The problem is that I'm short on extra money this week. I transferred some from the spare savings account, but that may not get us through to next payday. Looks like transferring half of the paycheck to a savings account was a little too ambitious.

I'll work on that later. For now, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing since there was a drop in my weight this week. 

For today's agenda:

1) Meditation:  Still need to do AM
2) Cutter Clearance: I may work in the basement, making room for boxes. That counts as clutter clearance I think.  I'm out of spaces to clear in the bedroom and the next stop will be the foyer.
3) Creative Work: Still on the photo wall
4) Math Study: Still getting through Trigonometry for Dummies
5) Gym: At 1 PM today.  Stairmaster again, most likely.

Update 1:00 - Creative work for half an hour (photo selection); clutter clearance has been at least 30 mins if not more.  Still more to do.   Wondering about the gym.  Not sure I want to go right now.  I have faith in myself to get there at night.  Maybe I'll do that. Maybe I'll go in an hour.  I've been putting off eating for a while.  Time for lunch.

Update 2:20 - I did a bit more in the basement.  I may have to toss some of the empty boxes there to make room for the filled ones.  I didn't go to the gym after all.  I'll be sure to go there in the evening.  I haven't yet done any math study either.  My head has been elsewhere all day, even as I went about my tasks.  I don't know why.  Maybe the gray skies outside have me wanting another life.  Last night, while walking to the gym, my mind went into a glimpse of what my life could be if I worked at it.  I'll aim for those things because they're there to work for.  I just know that I need some realistic career goals right now.

I'm still thinking of this winter as a chrysalis for myself.  I'll emerge from this challenge happier, more accomplished, more engaged, less sad and, hopefully even, thinner and younger looking. 

I also did a lot that wasn't related to the 100 Day Challenge.  I ordered a protein mix.  I processed a return of Alex's shoes.  I did a pillow laundry.  I assembled a veggie and beef casserole. I received and processed a new grocery order.  I cleared out a lot of stuff from the fridge. I took out three big bags of trash.  I assembled the new tree rack. 

It wasn't a totally unproductive day, I guess.  I just HATE this gray in the sky.  Hate it. It's always depressing.

Update 4:30 - Alex is doing his homework right now.  I'm cooking dinner.  I still have my math study and the gym to get to.  Pressing on!

Update 6:13 - Dinner's done. Alex is playing his game.  I'm about to settle down with Chris, That Math Tutor Guy and Trigonometry for Dummies. Waiting for Dan to come home so I can head out to the gym.

Update 9:30 - Back from the gym.  It consisted of interval jogging for 20 minutes, upper body strength work (5 machines, 3 sets of 8-10 reps each), 10 minutes on the stair master (sideways stepping), and a 90 second plank.   No math study got done outside of about 5 minutes.

Today gets a 5.  Highly productive, but missed a committed activity.











No comments:

Post a Comment